Sunday, July 18, 2010

Finally over the jetlag...

Today was orientation at the church for working the summer camp, and I'm so incredibly excited to start serving tomorrow! Brad and I are paired together for the advanced group, so that should be a fun. Definitely a little scared, though. But anxious at the same time to get started.
I think the biggest challenge for all of us so far has been the jetlag. It was brutal, to say the least. but close behind is the heat. Apparently this summer has been recorded as one of the hottest in Europe's history (of course) but it was cool and breezy today, so that was very much appreciated.
The best part so far is the food. Our first meal here was cold cherry soup, a very common summer meal here, and it was reeeeeeeeally good. I'm predicting the gain of a few pounds here. :)
Serving starts tomorrow and I don't know about the rest of the team, but I'm a little nervous for the first day. Pray for us! I miss everyone!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are ready to dig in and get to work. Good luck, Victoria! You can do it all, and eat it all! The cold cherry soup sounds...interesting!

    Hugs,
    Aunt Ang

    ReplyDelete