Monday, July 26, 2010

English Camp - Day 6

Wow, I cannot thank God enough on how blessed I am that I have been given this wonderful experience to be here in Hungary serving Him and these students.

Today was AWESOME! We all were very curious to see how much strength God would bless us with after such a long, but wonderful, week last week. I was blown away by the strength that I was given today because of how tired I seemed when I woke up! I was so ready to lead and teach right when I got to camp and was so surprised by the excitement and joy that I had been blessed with.

Today, we started the day with a “Rock, Paper, Scissors” icebreaker! We then moved onto English classes where my group - Lisa, Michael, and I - taught about occupations. It was awesome to hear the students talk so confidently today in English after a semi slow start last week with some students. We were also so excited to get two new translators today who are always jumping in and ready to clear any confusion in the air.

Tom spoke today during chapel, and it was a great example of what marriage should be in our future. To see the perspectives between a good Godly man and a “fun” ungodly man was I think amazing for the students to see. It was so exciting in our end of the day meeting to hear how the discussion groups went with the students. They were all asking questions and very curious. It was very encouraging to hear how God is opening the hearts of many students. After another great game time in the afternoon, camp was over, but many students stayed to continue playing a new game with the staff!

After camp we hopped on the tram and went to a German restaurant at which I ordered cheese soup and wiener sausage, which was very good and very filling.

We are now back at the hostel and all hanging in Sharon, Lisa and Mindy’s room as we talk about our nightly new subject. Today’s subject is how your parents met. Emily just shared how Mr. G was an awesome defensive player in basketball, which caused lots of argument with the voice she said it with!!! Having so much fun with all of the wonderful students and staff here today!!! Miss everyone, however.

Shout out to my parents, I ate duck liver and chicken liver ; p…….Let’s just say when I found out what I ate I was very cautious about what I was eating the rest of the week.

Love, Linz!

No comments:

Post a Comment